Chico Truck Accident Lawyer
Welcome to www.AutoAccident.com. I’m Ed Smith, founder of this website and Chico personal injury attorney. I serve seriously injured truck accident victims of California and if you or someone you love has been in a truck accident in Chico, I can help you, too. For free and friendly advice, call me at (530) 392-9400.Advocating for Chico Truck Accident Victims
For over 30 years now, I have tackled thousands of serious personal injury and wrongful death claims. I take on serious injury cases exclusively – and typically, anyone who has been injured in a truck accident has suffered serious injuries.
Besides truck accident cases, I have handled cases for clients who have suffered from injuries that were the result of:
- Vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Dog or animal bite accidents
- Farming accidents
- Products that were dangerous or defective
- Slip and fall incidents (or other premises liability incidents)
I have also handled other serious injury cases, including:
My personal goal is to educate seriously injured victims about their rights pertaining to personal injury matters. I also aim to help victims who have been seriously injured in truck accidents obtain the maximum amount of compensation so they can focus their attention on recovering their total well-being.My Personal Experience with Near-Death and Pain
Unlike most personal injury attorneys, I can relate to my clients in many ways. I understand what physical pain does to people because I have personally experienced and recovered from a number of serious injuries. I have also survived four near-death experiences. I know how pain and financial pressure can cause anxiety. I also know how grief can put wear and tear on a person. A truck accident can cause a significant amount of psychological, spiritual, and emotional weight on one person – and it can affect the entire family, as well.Healing “Holistically”
I understand pain and suffering, and how it takes focusing on one’s total well-being to fully recover from a catastrophic truck accident. I take what I call a “holistic” approach as an attorney. You can read more about that here. To put it simply, I work diligently to help my clients recover the maximum compensation they are entitled to, I also help them to focus on healing emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually as they recover from the truck accident physically and financially.Choosing an Injury Attorney to Handle Your Accident
I have noticed over the years that injured truck accident victims have many things in common. Besides the injuries, pain, and financial stress, they also seem to have trouble figuring out how to choose a personal injury attorney to handle their serious injury case.
If you are suffering injuries from a truck accident in Chico, you really need to work on finding a good lawyer as soon as you can. I understand that it is difficult to handle your life on a daily basis, especially with the added stress of appointments with doctors and specialists, your household bills piling up, and the pain from your injuries slowing you down.
Do not make a rushed decision, though! You need to find the right personal injury attorney for your case. You don’t want to be stuck with an attorney who just wants to settle your case quickly and take their piece of the pie.
That is why I put together this YouTube video:
My advice for how to choose a personal injury attorney comes from over 30 years of personal injury law experience.
As a recap:
- Does the lawyer practice only personal injury and/or wrongful death law? Remember, you want to choose an attorney who has a solid background in personal injury law. An attorney who practices multiple areas of the law may not have the intricate knowledge that you need to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
- Does the lawyer have a positive online reputation? Be sure to check reviews on Avvo, Yelp, and Google before you make your decision. If you are like most people, you check out reviews about products before you purchase them. In fact, it isn’t strange to check out reviews on even $10 products before purchasing them. Why wouldn’t you check out reviews before you did something as important as hiring a lawyer for your serious injuries?
- Does the lawyer have experience in the personal injury trial court? Most personal injury attorneys prefer to work cases out with the insurance companies. And insurance companies are known for offering the least amount to injured people. If you want the best chance at getting the most out of your claim, you need an attorney that the insurance companies know will not hesitate to take them to court if they refuse to offer you a fair settlement amount. You do not want to be forced to take an unfair deal because you hired an attorney who is either unfamiliar with or intimidated by trial court procedures.
- Can the attorney demonstrate a solid track record of successful verdicts and settlements? Successful people like to brag and boast about their accomplishments, so it is not unlikely to find a page of verdicts and settlements on potential attorneys’ websites. Additionally, this is not an unusual question to ask an attorney, so do not be afraid to ask. If you come across a lawyer who cannot demonstrate a successful history, it is best to skip onto the next choice. (You can verify my past verdicts and settlements)
I’m Ed Smith, a Chico personal injury attorney. Call me anytime at (530) 392-9400 if you are calling locally for free and friendly advice. There is no obligation when you call, so you have absolutely nothing to lose.Chico FAQs
Q: Do you know where most truck accidents occur in Chico?
A: You probably will not be surprised to hear that a majority of the truck accidents that occur in the Chico area happen on State Route 99. While most of the accidents that happen in the Chico area involve personal automobiles, Chico also has its fair share of commercial truck accidents. Other truck accidents have occurred in some of the more hectic intersections of Chico, including Park Avenue and 20th, Maine and Ninth, and the intersection that is popular with the bicycle riding community – Oleander and East First Avenue.
Q: Can you recommend an auto repair shop in Chico?
A: Yes. The following auto repair shop has excellent customer reviews on Yelp:
2303 Esplanade Ave
Chico, CA 95926
Q: Can you recommend a good chiropractor in Chico?
A: Yes. The following chiropractors received excellent customer reviews on Yelp:
1049 Village Lane
Chico, CA 95926
Chico, CA 95926
I’m Ed Smith, a Chico Trucking Accident Lawyer. If you have been seriously injured in an accident, please call me right away at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 10.24.19]