Ceres Brain Injury Lawyer
When negligence results in an accident and traumatic brain injury, the at-fault party may be held liable for medical bills and other TBI-related losses. For free, friendly advice from one of our attorneys in Ceres, call our law firm at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 to learn how we can help today.
An experienced Ceres brain injury attorney from our law firm can ensure your legal rights and best interests are protected during the claims process. If the insurance company attempts to take advantage of you and your vulnerable situation by using defense tactics to downplay the value of your TBI case, our injury lawyers can negotiate for full and fair financial compensation on your behalf. If all attempts at a fair settlement fail, our head trauma attorneys can help build a strong case to present in court.What are the Most Common Symptoms of Head Trauma?
A traumatic brain injury often goes undiagnosed and untreated. A patient who has suffered a TBI in a catastrophic accident may be discharged from hospitalization without medical staff aware that potential brain damage may have occurred. A mild, moderate, or severe traumatic brain injury may present symptoms days or even weeks later. Some of the most common long-term effects and symptoms of brain trauma in adults and children include:
- Anxiety, depression, or suicidal thoughts
- Changes in personality
- Difficulty with concentration and mental focus
- Facing challenges with determining the correct words for familiar items
- Issues in the speaking or thinking process
- Loss of memory
- Lost self-esteem
- Vertigo, dizziness, and fatigue
If you have suffered trauma to the head in a serious accident and are experiencing any of these TBI-related symptoms, it is essential to seek medical care right away for a diagnosis. Sustaining a head injury may have life-changing consequences, and it is essential to treat them early on to ensure your best chances of recovery.What are the Most Common Causes of Brain Damage?
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury or post-concussion syndrome in a severe accident because of someone else's negligence, you can depend on our Ceres brain injury lawyers to help you and your family through this difficult time. Contact our law firm, and we can review your TBI case at no charge to you. The types of head trauma cases that our legal team can help you with include the following:
- Big Rig Crashes
- Car Collisions
- Construction Site Accidents
- Cycling Crashes
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Recreational and Sports Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Trucking Collisions
To bring a personal injury claim for a traumatic brain injury suffered in a catastrophic accident, the claimant must prove that they sustained head trauma because of someone else’s negligence. In a personal injury case for a TBI, the Ceres brain injury lawyer representing the injured party must prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: A reference to the legal obligation that an individual must exercise due care to prevent causing harm to others.
- Breach of Duty: If an individual or entity breaches their duty of care owed to others, they may be considered negligent.
- Causation: The negligence of the at-fault party was the direct cause of the traumatic brain injury and losses incurred.
- Damages: For a claimant to bring a successful traumatic brain injury case, they must prove that the TBI resulted in economic and non-economic damages.
Considering the types of traumatic brain injuries and their life-changing consequences, it is often challenging to prove the value of a TBI case without legal counsel. Our Ceres traumatic brain injury attorneys have handled many personal injury cases involving head trauma and understand the challenges of proving economic and non-economic damages to insurance companies and defense counsel alike. We are familiar with the factors that may affect the value of a head injury case and can best advise you of what steps you need to take to ensure you are fairly compensated for losses incurred, such as:
- Medical Expenses: In a head trauma case, claimants may seek recovery of economic damages for medical expenses that resulted from the treatment of the brain injury. For instance, an injured party may be compensated for medical treatment bills associated with hospitalization, primary care visits, occupational therapy, and rehabilitation. If future treatment is necessary, the claimant may also seek damages for future medical treatment and expenses.
- Lost Wages: When an individual suffers a traumatic brain injury in a severe accident, they may miss a significant amount of time at work for the recovery of their TBI. By bringing a personal injury claim, claimants may be compensated for any lost income directly related to head trauma. If brain damage has impacted the claimant's ability to return to work, they may also seek financial compensation for loss of future earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering: People who have suffered traumatic brain injuries in serious accidents may be eligible for recovery of non-economic damages for any lasting emotional suffering and physical pain connected to the TBI.
- Lost Enjoyment of Life: In a personal injury claim for a head injury, the injured party may be entitled to recovery of loss of enjoyment of life damages if they cannot participate in activities and hobbies they enjoyed before the TBI-related accident.
- Loss of Consortium: The spouse of the TBI claimant may bring a claim for loss of consortium for the unique losses they have faced because of their loved one’s head trauma, including loss of companionship.
- Wrongful Death: When head trauma from a serious accident results in fatal consequences, the decedent's surviving family members may bring a wrongful death claim against those responsible for their loss. In such cases, survivors may seek compensatory damages, such as costs of end of life medical treatment, funeral expenses, loss of companionship, lost future financial support, and any other losses resulted from their loved one’s wrongful death.
To learn about the types of factors that may affect a TBI case and its value, watch the video below by our traumatic brain injury law firm.Why You Need a Lawyer for a TBI Case
At AutoAccident.com, our team of Ceres traumatic brain injury lawyers has the experience, skills, and resources needed to determine and prove negligence, gather and preserve evidence, conduct negotiations with insurance companies and defense counsel, and handle other aspects of your TBI case. This way, you can focus on recovering from your brain injury or taking care of your loved one who suffered head trauma. We will not let difficult insurance companies representing negligent parties pay you less than what you deserve for your brain trauma and losses incurred. For more details on how our brain injury law firm can help you with your TBI claim, contact our injury lawyers today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Image Source: By "sbtlneet" via Pixabay
:ds [cs 1288] cha