Ceres Bicycle Accident Lawyer
From helping you receive the medical treatment you need to obtain fair compensation from the insurance company, our Ceres injury attorneys can help you with your bicycle accident case today. Call (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 to get the free, friendly advice and legal representation you need.
Seek the assistance of an experienced Ceres bicycle accident injury lawyer before speaking with the insurance company representing the at-fault party. Insurance claims adjusters search for reasons to reduce the value of a cycling crash injury claim or deny it altogether. Signing paperwork or providing a recorded statement to the insurance carrier may impact the outcome of a bike injury case.Who is at Fault When a Car Hits a Cyclist?
The facts and circumstances of a bicycle accident injury case will generally determine who is at fault for the incident. Several factors may come into play when it comes to the many potential causes of the cycling crash. At our bicycle accident law firm, we offer free consultations to gather relevant facts from injured cyclists and families to make informed assessments on whether they have a potential case. While every claim is unique, there are some top causes of cycling crashes, and these include:
- Distracted driving from texting or talking on a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Excessive speeding
- Failure to yield the right of way to bicycle riders
- Faulty bicycles or bike parts and components
- Following a bike rider too closely
- Lack of roadway maintenance and other road defects
- Opening a door of a motor vehicle in the direct path of a cyclist
- Running stop signs or red lights
- Unsafe road design, including improperly marked bicycle lanes or roadways
- Weaving in and out of traffic
All these dangerous behaviors may put a cyclist in harm’s way. By conducting an independent investigation of the facts and circumstances surrounding a cycling crash and working with experts in the field, our experienced team of Ceres bicycle accident lawyers can help collect the evidence necessary to prove and establish negligence.What Types of Damages are Available in Bicycle Accident Injury Cases?
While cyclists have the same responsibilities and rights as drivers, they are particularly susceptible to injuries and accidents. With little to no protection, cyclists are likely to suffer catastrophic injuries or even death when involved in motor vehicle collisions. Some of the most common types of injuries in cycling crashes involving motor vehicles include the following:
- Bone Fractures
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Disfigurement and Facial Scarring
- Internal Trauma
- Loss of Limbs and Amputations
- Neurological Damage
- Paralysis and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Wrongful Death
By bringing a bicycle accident injury lawsuit in California within the two-year statute of limitations, injured cyclists may seek financial compensation for:
- Reasonable and necessary expenses for medical care related to the cycling accident
- Costs of future medical care if bicycle injuries require ongoing treatment
- Lost wages because of missed work to recover from a bicycle injury
- Loss of future earning potential due to permanent disability or injury suffered in a bike collision
- Pain and suffering for the effects that emotional suffering and physical pain has had on an injured cyclist
- Property damage for a bicycle and other personal belongings damaged in a cycling crash
Several factors may affect the value of personal injury damages that may be recovered. These include the bodily injury liability coverage of insurance policies available to pay bicycle accident injury claims, age of the injured party, the severity of the trauma, preexisting conditions, and more. For additional information on how specific factors may impact the value of an injury case, watch the video below.What Types of Wrongful Death Damages Can Be Recovered for a Fatal Cycling Crash?
Injured cyclists and surviving family members of bicycle riders killed in preventable cycling crashes have a right to recover economic and non-economic damages alike. In wrongful death bicycle accident claims, eligible survivors may be entitled to financial compensation of the following:
- End of life care costs
- Expenses for funeral and burial services
- Loss of protection, care, and companionship
- Lost benefits and future financial support
- Mental anguish survivors have suffered because of a wrongful death cycling crash
California follows a system of comparative fault in personal injury cases arising from bike collisions. It is common for insurers to take advantage of comparative negligence laws in California and claim that a bicycle rider failed to obey the rules of the road. If a cyclist is deemed partially liable for their injuries and damages in a bike crash, the amount of personal injury compensation they would receive would be reduced by the percentage of negligence assigned to them by a jury. An experienced injury attorney will seek compelling evidence to prove that the driver was operating a motor vehicle with a disregard for others' safety on the road.Do You Need a Lawyer for a Cycling Crash Injury Case?
Working with a bicycle accident lawyer in Ceres is essential after a cycling crash. By placing your trust in injury attorneys like those at AutoAccident.com, you and your family can focus on recovering and getting your lives back on track while our legal team handles all aspects of your case. This includes independent investigations of bicycle accidents, communicating and negotiating with insurance companies, and having your best interests at heart. With our attorneys at your side, you can rest assured your legal rights will be protected.
Image Credit: By "no-longer-here" via Pixabay
:ds [cs 1017] cha