Castro Valley Truck Accident Lawyer
Large commercial trucks play a crucial role in California's economy and countrywide. Big rigs transport products and goods throughout the Golden State to meet consumer demand. Given the overwhelming momentum, size, and weight of tractor-trailers, state and federal regulations are in place to oversee the trucking industry and keep people safe on the road. If a truck driver causes a traffic collision through negligence, the trucker and the trucking company employed them may be held liable for the undue harm caused to others.
For a free case evaluation at your convenience, contact a truck accident lawyer serving Castro Valley, California, from AutoAccident.com at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400. Our attorneys are available anytime to review the specifics of your big rig crash case and offer free, friendly advice.
A successful result in a commercial truck accident case depends on the actions taken following a crash, which starts with retaining legal counsel. With the assistance of a California truck accident lawyer serving Castro Valley from AutoAccident.com, you can seek justice and maximum compensation for the harm you have suffered. We have handled accident cases since 1982 and would be honored to put our skills, resources, and experience to work for you and your case. Set up a free consultation with a member of our legal team to learn more about your options for recovery.What Damages are Recoverable in a Commercial Truck Accident Case?
When someone is injured in a truck accident through no fault of their own, they may be entitled to financial compensation for their losses. Recovery in a personal injury claim for a big rig crash in Castro Valley, California, may include reimbursement for economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses, including an estimate of future treatment that is reasonable and necessary.
- Lost income, including estimating anticipated future wage loss due to a permanent injury or disability.
- Loss of consortium for damage to a marital relationship brought on by injuries from a trucking collision, such as a complete or incomplete spinal cord injury.
- Scarring and disfigurement, including how permanent the scar is and the chances of it being corrected or removed by a plastic surgeon, in addition to the accompanying stigma of the disfigurement.
- Pain and suffering from the experience of physical pain and emotional trauma from crash-related injuries and the 18-wheeler collision itself.
Here at AutoAccident.com, our legal team goes above and beyond to conduct in-depth investigations into 18-wheeler collisions, gather evidence, and prove damages in cases on behalf of our clients. We aim to obtain full compensation and help our clients rebuild their lives after traumatic big rig crashes.Can You Seek Punitive Damages for a Semi-Truck Collision Case?
In California, punitive damages may be awarded if an individual was injured or killed in a big rig accident due to the defendant's egregious conduct. Though rare, punitive damages are intended to punish an at-fault party for their egregious actions. They also make an example out of the negligent individual or entity that there is no tolerance for such behavior in the community. Cases that may warrant punitive damages include 18-wheeler crashes caused by truck driver intoxication or excessive speeding. Punitive damages are generally awarded at the court's discretion.Can Survivors Recover Losses in a Fatal 18-Wheeler Accident?
A family deprived of a loved one due to a fatal trucking collision in Castro Valley or elsewhere in California may have grounds for a claim for damages. Eligible survivors who meet the criteria outlined in CCP 377.60 may seek reimbursement for the following:
- Mental anguish
- Funeral service costs
- End-of-life treatment (via survival action)
- Loss of care, protection, companionship, and support
- Loss of the decedent's financial contributions to the family, including earnings, benefits, etc.
No amount of compensation can replace a lost family member. However, survivors may benefit significantly from holding the at-fault party accountable for their loss through a wrongful death claim. This may give surviving family members the justice and sense of closure they deserve.Who Can Be Held Liable for a Big Rig Crash?
Multiple parties may be held liable for losses stemming from a semi-truck collision. This will vary based on the facts and circumstances of the matter. The right California personal injury lawyer will have the knowledge, skills, and resources to investigate a big rig crash, identify at-fault parties, and hold them liable for the damages incurred. Potential defendants in a commercial truck accident case may include:
- Truck Driver: Most semi-truck collisions are the result of driver negligence. Common examples of truck driver negligence may include speeding, fatigue, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, reckless driving, distracted driving, etc.
- Trucking Company: Aside from a truck driver, the trucking company may be held liable for a collision that occurs if there is evidence demonstrating that their negligence was the direct cause of the incident. This may include failing to check a driver's background, not following proper hiring procedures, forcing a driver to work past Hours of Service (HOS) regulations, lack of truck maintenance, etc.
- Loading Company: The third-party cargo loading company may be held liable for a big rig crash if the incident occurred because of unsecured loads or improperly secured cargo. In addition to cargo securement, loading companies are responsible for inspecting trucks for even cargo distribution. This serves to ensure that there is no shift in the load during transport.
- Truck Manufacturer: Liability for an 18-wheeler crash may lie with a truck manufacturer if there is a defect in one of the components of the big rig. There must be clear evidence demonstrating a fault in the manufacturing process that caused the truck equipment to fail and ultimately led to the incident that caused bodily injury or wrongful death.
Above all, our legal team goes the distance for our clients in seeking the justice and full financial compensation they deserve. Learn more about our services by scheduling a free consultation with one of our truck accident lawyers serving Castro Valley, California. Watch this video to learn more about us.How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Trucking Accident Attorney to Represent Me?
When comparing attorneys at different law firms in Castro Valley, California, there are some qualities to consider. Namely, you want to work with a lawyer that practices personal injury law exclusively and has a history of successful case resolutions. While searching for the right attorney to handle your big rig crash case, also consider the following:
- Free Case Evaluation: Protecting your future starts with a free consultation. An experienced lawyer will review the specific details of a Castro Valley truck accident case at no cost to you. They will answer any of your concerns and questions. The right injury attorney will provide you with the necessary information to make a well-informed decision on proceeding with your case.
- Contingent Fee Agreement: Most attorneys, like ours at our California personal injury law firm, take cases on what is known as a contingent fee basis. This means that there is no upfront cost to retaining legal counsel. A client is not expected to pay attorney's fees unless their lawyer secures a successful resolution in their case. Note that the costs of legal representation generally increase when a case is filed in civil court and moves forward into litigation.
Here at AutoAccident.com, we work diligently to secure justice and full financial recovery for our clients. Our legal team has extensive experience handling cases involving large commercial trucks. We offer free consultations and work on contingency, so there is nothing to lose and much to gain when you contact us for assistance regarding your Castro Valley truck accident case.Castro Valley, California Truck Accident FAQ
How much time do you have to file a case for a truck accident in California?
A personal injury claim or wrongful death action is subject to a two-year statute of limitations, according to CCP 335.1. While this may seem like ample time, an in-depth investigation of the incident is necessary to determine which parties may be held liable and the extent of the damages incurred. Do not wait until the last minute; retain legal counsel immediately to protect your rights.
Why is hiring a lawyer immediately after a big rig crash essential?
It is crucial for an injured party to hire a truck accident lawyer who is right for them and their case immediately following the incident. An attorney must act quickly to investigate and send letters of preservation of evidence to truck drivers, trucking companies, and other defendants. Without evidence, it may be challenging to establish causation and damages in an 18-wheeler collision case.Contact a Truck Accident Attorney in Castro Valley
Protecting your best interests after a catastrophic big rig crash starts with a free consultation. If you were injured or lost a family member in an accident involving a large commercial truck, contact our legal team at AutoAccident.com for free, friendly case advice at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400. The challenges involved in commercial trucking litigation are often daunting. Still, our skilled Castro Valley truck accident lawyers leave no stone unturned to ensure successful results through settlement and verdicts for clients. We have been committed to prioritizing our clients and their goals since 1982.
Photo Credit: By "MikeBird" via Pexels
:ds [cs 1572]