Carmichael Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There are few things as exhilarating as taking to the open road on the back of motorcycle, making it clear as to why they are sometimes referred to as steel horses. In the Carmichael area especially, many individuals and groups take advantage of the great weather to spend hundreds of hours every year on the road. Unfortunately, this also means that there are many opportunities for a person to get into a serious accident, especially when the driver of another vehicle is negligent.
Every year, thousands of motorcyclists are injured on California roads. According to the data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 400 people are killed in California in motorcycle accidents each year. There are many causes of these accidents, but some of the common reasons for accidents involving a motorcycle and another vehicle include:
- Drivers making left turns in front of bikers – The fact that a bike and rider are smaller than other vehicles on the road mean that many distracted drivers do not notice motorcycle as easily as other vehicles, leading to dangerous moves such as turning in front of a bike, and bikers laying down their bikes or being thrown from them;
- Dangerous lane changes – Not matter how vigilant a biker might be, there are times when it is impossible to react in time to prevent an accident, which often is the case when a vehicle suddenly pulls into the lane in which a bike is traveling;
- Pulling into the path of a motorcycle – Drivers often give just a cursory glance before pulling into traffic and frequently will not notice that there is a motorcycle approaching just before moving into the path of that bike; and
- Failing to leave sufficient room between vehicles – Although there are times when a biker may choose to travel between rows of slowed or stopped vehicles, there also are many incidences where a vehicle driver will follow too closely behind a bike or pass a motorcycle with insufficient room to steer clear of the bike, leading to a dangerous collision.
One of the hardest things about motorcycle accident cases is the stigma that exists when some people think about bikers. The perception of bikers as a group of people doing nefarious things is completely false, but it requires skilled advocates to recognize this and ensure that it does not interfere with a person’s ability to obtain the recovery that he or she needs to get necessary medical treatments, pay bills, and compensate for pain and suffering. The Carmichael Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at the Law Offices of Edward Smith know how to refute the stereotypes and build a strong case. This is especially important as victims of motorcycle accidents often suffer from severe injuries, including the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Fractured or broken bones;
- Spinal injuries, including those that lead to paralysis;
- Severe internal organ damage; and
- Extensive cuts and abrasions.
Many people who have suffered harm after a motorcycle accident spend years in recovery and never get past all the pain. The Carmichael Motorcycle Accident Lawyers also represent families who have lost loved ones in a motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligence.
Contact the Law Offices of Edward Smith Today
I’m Ed Smith, a Carmichael Motorcycle Accident Lawyer with the primary accident information site on the web, www.AutoAccident.com. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of another, call me now at 916.921.6400.You also can call us to receive friendly advice during a free initial consultation. The Carmichael Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at the Law Offices of Edward Smith are ready to get to work for you immediately.
We are members of Million Dollar Advocates Forum.