With a name like Autoaccident.com, you can be sure that we spend a good deal of time searching the Internet for information about automobiles, auto safety, accident statistics, and so on. This page lists a number of the web sites that we've found to be of use in our work. We hope you'll find them useful also.
Establishing accurate values for vehicles is a requirement for getting a good deal when buying a new or used car, or for setting a fair asking price when selling a used car of your own. Also, if your vehicle has been damaged in an accident, it's important to have a good idea of its value when negotiating with insurance adjustors who may wish to declare the vehicle a total loss. For buying and pricing cars, the following sites are helpful:
- Sacramento Bee -- Cars.com: New & Used Vehicle Sales
- Kelley Blue Book New Car Pricing and Bluebook Values
- Edmunds.com: Pricing & Reviews
- Carclub.com from J. D. Power
Car Quality and Safety
Is your car a safe car? Does the vehicle you're thinking of buying have good or bad crashworthiness ratings? Do the roads in your state have better or worse accident statistics than the national averages? The information located at the following sites is not only interesting, but may actually help protect the health and safety of you and your family:
- Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
- NHTSA - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- The Electronic Highway Safety Library
- Buying a Safer Car
- Tire Quality Ratings
- Crash Statistics and Analysis
- Accident Statistics Database Queries
- Vehicle Recall Information from the Consumer Product Safety Commission
More Vehicle Resources
All too many of us have had to deal with a "lemon" car -- you imagine it must have been trailing parts and fluids as you drove it off the showroom floor. Know what your rights are!
Just as many of us have had to put up with angry, discourteous drivers and displays of "road rage," or have had to battle our own rising feelings of stress while driving.
And anyone who has ever gotten behind the wheel has had to deal with potentially dangerous situations caused by bad weather and road conditions.
Helpful resources for all these situations include: