Byron Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are among the most serious of all traffic collisions. The lack of stability of a motorcycle due to its having only two wheels makes the rider vulnerable in a collision, especially with a motor vehicle. In 2019, more than 2,800 motorcycle riders died in collisions involving motor vehicles, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which represented about 55 percent of these fatal events. Seventy-six percent of these accidents were due to head-on-crashes.Do I Need a Lawyer if I’m Injured in a Motorcycle Wreck?
It is possible for motorcycle collisions to be devastating, resulting in prolonged hospital stays. There are many types of injuries a motorbike rider can sustain, from broken bones to traumatic brain injuries. To protect your rights, a Byron motorcycle accident lawyer should be contacted as soon as possible if you or a loved one has suffered injury or has passed away due to a crash.How to Select a Byron Motorcycle Accident Attorney
It can be difficult to figure out who to call. Some attorneys do not have the experience or resources to successfully resolve your case. Chances are you will be too preoccupied dealing with physical injuries to thoroughly research a law firm after a motorcycle accident. What do you do? A friend's referral can sometimes work, but it is important to verify that their case was similar to yours. How can you choose a motorcycle accident attorney? Let's explore some proven methods.Is It Important to Find a Lawyer Who Has Handled Motorcycle Crashes?
Previous successes in handling motorcycle accident cases are an important part of resolving your claim favorably. During a motorcycle accident, many factors may be involved and can’t be ignored. Other factors such as road conditions and defects in the motorcycle can be involved. Over the years, our injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com have successfully resolved many cases that involve serious motorcycle accidents.Are Juries and Insurance Companies Biased Against Motorcycle Riders?
Motorcyclists are often perceived as risk-takers by many people. This simply isn't true. They are your next-door neighbors, your colleagues at the office and students or faculty members who use bikes for cheap transportation. But proving that to the jury or insurance company can require considerable work. You need a lawyer who can handle this effectively and combat false information.Getting the Help You Need After a Motorcycle Accident
You need to know that the Byron motorcycle accident lawyer you hire can handle your case when you or a loved one is injured or killed in a crash caused by negligence. You want to hire someone with tenacity and skill who will fight for your interests. At AutoAccident.com, we've handled many motorcycle accident claims in Northern California, and we work hard to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. To answer a number of the questions motorcyclists have asked after being injured in an accident, I wrote the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook, which you can read for free on Amazon or download on your Kindle for a small charge.What Are the Main Causes of a Motorcycle Crash With a Motor Vehicle?
Motorcyclists are well aware of the risk when riding their bikes and most are cautious. Yet, staying safe while riding on California highways and streets has proven difficult despite everything they are doing. As a result of negligence by another motorist or entity, motorcycle riders can suffer injuries due to the following acts:
- Failure to yield: Ignoring the right-of-way of other road users can cause a motorcycle accident.
- Speeding drivers: The likelihood of a vehicle seeing and avoiding a collision with a motorcyclist is lower when they are speeding. Motorcyclists are also more likely to suffer more serious injuries when a vehicle is traveling too fast.
- Drunk drivers: Among the most common causes of motorcycle accidents are motorists who are drunk at the wheel. Because of their negligence, drunk drivers can be prosecuted criminally as well as civilly.
- Drivers who stop without warning: When a motorist suddenly stops, a motorcyclist may run into the back of their vehicle and be ejected, resulting in severe injuries or death.
- Unsafe lane changes: Drivers who change lanes without checking their blind spots or not using their turn signals can end up crashing into a motorcycle.
- Dooring accidents: Drivers who open their doors without first checking for oncoming traffic cause dooring accidents. When a motorcyclist is involved in a dooring accident, the rider can be thrown from the bike.
- Road maintenance: Poor road maintenance can lead to motorcycle wrecks due to potholes, crumbling pavement, faded lines, etc. If negligence leads to injuries to the public, the government entity that maintains the roadway may be liable. However, the time limit for filing against a government entity is only six months, so asking an injury lawyer for help is a good idea.
- Lane splitting accidents: While California allows lane splitting, motorists who are not mindful of motorcyclists can cause an accident.
- Defective motorcycle parts: A manufacturer, designer or another party may be held liable if a motorcycle part causes a crash and injuries by filing a product liability lawsuit.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, a Byron motorcycle accident lawyer can assist you with receiving fair compensation. Our investigators are tenacious in their pursuit of evidence that supports your claim. To support your claim, the police report is reviewed for errors and witnesses are questioned and accident reconstruction may be performed.
In order to see whether the accident was recorded on tape, investigators check nearby traffic and business cameras. In addition to looking for road damage, they also examine whether traffic signals or debris may have contributed to your motorcycle accident. As soon as all evidence has been collected, it is given to our injury lawyers to build a strong case against the at-fault party. The information we collect can either be used in negotiating with the insurance company or taken to court.The Insurance Company Can Compensate You
If the driver can’t be found or doesn’t carry insurance, there is another way the injured rider can collect compensation. Those injured in motor vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles and on foot are covered under uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage if they carry this add-on policy. The policy of another household member may be able to pay for the injuries if the motorcycle rider does not have this type of insurance. Using this type of coverage does not impact insurance rates.
In the video that follows, attorney Ed Smith discusses the following reasons you should hire a lawyer after you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident:
Related articles by Byron motorcycle accident attorney Ed Smith:
I’m Ed Smith, a Byron motorcycle accident attorney. Motorcycle accidents frequently cause severe injuries, the inability to work and other losses. However, if a negligent driver or other entity caused your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation. If you live in Byron or elsewhere in Contra Costa County, contact us at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 for our free and friendly advice. We can be reached online as well. If you have questions, concerns or are unsure what to do about your case, our injury lawyers offer free consultations. See how we've helped others achieve the compensation they were entitled to by visiting our Settlements and Verdicts page.
:cd  bw