Brentwood Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Brentwood is a city of approximately 51,500 residents in Contra Costa County. Its population has multiplied over the past 25 years due to its farms and orchards being developed into suburban neighborhoods. It is a fairly affluent city, and because it is so close to San Francisco, a new route of the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) is scheduled to open in Brentwood in 2017.We Handle Only Serious Injury Cases
If you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one to someone else’s negligence, you could be entitled to recover compensation through a civil claim. I have experience in many types of serious personal injury cases in Brentwood; for example:
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Brain injury cases
- Wrongful death claims
When you are researching personal injury firms in Brentwood, look for the following three things:
- Trial experience
- Reviews on third party websites
- Social media presence
Although it can be easy to disregard social media as an unprofessional space for family disagreements and party photos, do not underestimate it as a tool through which a law firm can market itself and connect with its clients. A law firm's social media presence shows that it is able to adapt to our changing ways of connecting with each other.
Our firm has multiple reviews on Avvo, Yelp, and Google. Reviews on third party websites can give you a sense of how a firm's clients feel about the legal service they received.
Trial experience is also important. Look on a firm's website to see if its lawyers have gone to court with their clients' claims. If the website lists the firm's past verdicts, this means the firm has trial experience. Although many personal injury claims are settled out of court, there is the possibility that yours will need to go to trial. Work with a lawyer who can go to court for you.The Best Ways to Select an Attorney
Whether you are looking for a Brentwood personal injury lawyer, a Brentwood motorcycle accident attorney or a Brentwood bicycle accident lawyer, knowing what to look for is important.
Watch the following video before you interview prospective lawyers.
Remember this information when meeting with prospective lawyers:
- Your lawyer should have trial experience. Do not assume that your claim will be settled out of court.
- Your attorney should be able to talk to you about his or her past case successes, but he or she should not make any guarantees to you. Do not work with an attorney who guarantees a settlement for a certain amount – there is no way to tell if a case will settle and if so, for how much.
- Your lawyer's office should be responsive to your phone calls and emails. Even if you receive responses from a secretary, you should never feel like you are being ignored.
Brentwood is about an hour and a half's drive from Sacramento, but do not allow this to discourage you from working with The Law Offices of Edward Smith. If I feel you have a solid case and that you are a good fit, I will pay for your transportation and lodging costs while you are in Sacramento to discuss your case with me. Do not simply choose the lawyer whose firm is closest to your home; choose the lawyer who can best handle your claim.About Our Personal Injury Law Firm
You can peruse reviews of our firm on Avvo, Yelp, and Google.
Some previous verdicts and settlements for our office are listed below:
- $800,000 for a woman whose spine was severely injured in a collision between an SUV and a pickup truck.
- $1,697,273.26 for a victim who suffered disc protrusions and spinal cord compression after a rear-end accident.
- $1,208,401.52 for a victim of a crash with a big rig logging truck who suffered disc disruption and multiple complications from the injury.
Balfour Road is one of the most dangerous roadways in Brentwood. Many collisions occur at intersections between Balfour Road and the roads that connect to it, such as Minnesota Avenue and Foothill Drive. Other dangerous intersections in Brentwood include Sand Creek Road and Fairview Avenue and Central Boulevard and Fairview Avenue.Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer
I'm Ed Smith, a Brentwood car accident attorney who works hard to seek the compensation clients from Brentwood and other areas of California deserve. If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by another party's negligence, contact us at 925.428.5220 or 800.404.5400 for free and friendly advice.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 2.19.21]
Photo by Larisa-K on Pixabay