Sacramento Boat Accident Lawyer
Water sports activities and boating are both adrenaline pumping and fraught with unique dangers. There is always the risk of drowning. When a water or boating accident happens, a complete evaluation and investigation into the cause by an experienced boating accident lawyer is the best way to proceed.
Complex safety and legal issues may be involved. Similar to other types of accidents, legal and factual issues should be thoroughly investigated, considered, and resolved.Choose an Experienced Sacramento Boating Injury Attorney
Claims involving boating accidents can include complicated technical and legal matters. Below is a list of important factual, legal, and evidentiary issues that should be considered in a claim.
- What was the specific activity being performed?
- When and where was it being performed?
- What were the circumstances of the accident?
- Was it age-appropriate for the person involved?
- Was the activity adequately supervised?
- Was the activity private in nature, or was it business-related?
- Was the activity part of a commercial rental business?
- Were the boat operators trained in CPR?
- Was safety equipment available?
- Can medical personnel be immediately notified in case of injury?
- Was there any special equipment being used?
- Was the equipment properly maintained, or was it unsafe?
- Was the equipment subject to any recalls or falls under defective product status?
- Did the injured person sign a waiver or release of liability before participating in the activity?
- Was he or she competent to do so?
- How long did the injured person wait before pursuing his or her claim?
- Were there any witnesses to the accident?
- Were any photos or videos taken of the accident?
- Did government authorities investigate the accident?
An injury that happens with or on a boat is considered a boating accident. The accident can happen on a cruise ship, a jetski, a ferry, or someone's privately owned yacht. The general rule is that the boat operator and its owner have a duty to exercise care to prevent injuries to others.Common Boating Accidents
The most common water accidents are crashes with other boats, slip and fall on the boat, and sinking and boat disappearance. Injuries involving vessels usually happen because of a careless or inexperienced operator or boat malfunctions. Reach out to an experienced Sacramento boat accident lawyer for legal advice concerning your boating accident.
The following video features some of the top boating accidents and crashes.Sacramento Boat Accident Lawyer
I'm Ed Smith, a boat accident attorney in Sacramento. If you or a family member have been injured in a boat accident and would like to discuss your legal options, call me at 916.921.6400 or 800.404.5400 for free, friendly advice. You can also contact me online.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 4.27.20]
Photo by pixabay on pexels.com