Benicia Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Now, as a waterfront city located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Benicia’s small-town charm attracts a population of nearly 28,000 who call the city home. It has a thriving arts community, with a well-recognized arts district. Benicia’s waterfront area, near downtown, is bustling with shops, restaurants, and other amenities that attract visitors to the area year-round.We Only Handle Serious Personal Injury Cases
I represent accident victims who suffer severe injuries resulting from auto, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents. These injuries may fall into various categories of damages for which plaintiffs are entitled to receive compensation. Such compensation received in a personal injury case should repay the monetary, physical and mental cost of an accident that was caused by someone’s negligence, and in some cases, it may even serve to punish the most egregious kinds of conduct. These damages may include the following:
- The cost of medical treatment. This damage award includes all costs associated with any treatment of injuries stemming from the accident, including reimbursement for treatment that the victim has already received and compensation for future medical care that the victim must receive as a result of the accident.
- Lost income or earning capacity. This damages award deals with the impact of the crash on a person’s ability to earn a salary and wages. It is not limited to income that the individual has already lost, but also the income potential that the person would have been able to earn in the future but for the accident. This lost income is also known as the person’s loss of earning capacity.
- Property losses. One form of damages award that a plaintiff may receive is the cost of repairs to personal property such as vehicles or other items that were damaged due to the accident. If repairs are not feasible, then a plaintiff should receive compensation for whatever the fair market value of the lost property is.
- Pain, suffering, and mental or emotional distress. When it comes to more serious accidents, injuries may include any psychological impacts that the crash may have on an individual. A person may receive compensation for such effects, such as anxiety, fear, loss of sleep, or even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Additionally, individuals are entitled to compensation for any pain and discomfort that they went through because of the accident and immediately after, as well as ongoing pain due to recurring or persistent medical issues.
- Loss of consortium. These damages usually refer to the impact that a person’s injuries may have on his or her relationship with a spouse or domestic partner. In this case, the award is usually made to the family member who is affected instead of the plaintiff.
- Punitive Damages. If the conduct of the negligent or reckless party is particularly outrageous, a court may award punitive damages, which are meant to punish the defendant for such conduct, as well as for deterrence.
It is critical for people who are looking for a Benicia car accident lawyer to analyze a prospective attorney’s practice areas to see if they can provide the seasoned and dedicated representation that you need. Some lawyers decide to practice in a variety of areas of law that are sometimes unrelated to each other, such as family law, criminal defense, and business transactions. The problem with hiring general practice attorneys is that they usually cannot offer the kind of experience and nuanced knowledge that you need in a serious personal injury or wrongful death case. My legal practice is fully devoted to serious personal injury and wrongful death cases and I have done so for the last three decades.
There is no good substitute for a face-to-face conversation with a prospective attorney to find out if the representation would be a good fit. However, to get to that point, people usually start out by conducting an online search for local Benicia auto accident attorneys. Plenty of information is available online regarding attorneys, including any disciplinary actions that are pending or have been taken by a state bar association against a lawyer. Such disciplinary action should be the first red flag, and potential clients should consider this an absolute standard in finding representation.Always Check Client Reviews and Testimonials
Another method of screening search results for local attorneys is by reading any testimonials provided by current and former clients. Some attorneys provide these testimonials on their law firm websites. My website includes an extensive list of testimonials from clients who believe that I have provided them with excellent legal representation. Attorneys may also post a summary listing of prior verdicts and settlements that a law firm has recovered on behalf of clients. This may prove informative in choosing an attorney.Google, Yelp and Avvo Reviews
I have a proven track record of achieving good results in my personal injury cases, and current and former clients have expressed their satisfaction regarding the legal services they received in various ways. They have provided high praise and recommendations in legal services websites such as AVVO, or in other social media rating websites such as GOOGLE or YELP. I have received excellent AVVO ratings (10 out of 10). YELPers who have received legal representation from my firm have given our law firm excellent reviews (5 stars out of 5). My GOOGLE profile has also received similar accolades from former and current clients. These ratings speak for the kind of advocacy and seasoned representation I provide in personal injury cases.Past Verdicts and Settlements
My website maintains a long list of past judgments and settlements that I have secured for my clients. These favorable outcomes include million-dollar settlement and judgment amounts as high as $25 million dollars. I belong to the Million Dollar Forum, a group consisting of personal injury attorneys who have successfully recovered settlements and verdicts that amount to over a million dollars. A track record of successful verdicts shows that I am comfortable with the courtroom and will not hesitate to proceed to trial if necessary. Often, personal injury attorneys who are only experienced with settlements, but not with verdicts, are not able to effectively advocate for clients in the courtroom, which may be required if insurance companies fail to make reasonable and just settlement offers.
Even if you decide not to select me today, please watch this helpful video I put together that will assist you in finding an experienced Benicia personal injury attorney.Benicia FAQ:
What intersections in Benicia have the highest occurrence of accidents?
Here is a listing of the most dangerous intersections for accidents in Benicia:
- Columbus Pkwy and Rose Dr
- Rt 780 and Benicia Rd
- Rt 780 and Columbus Pkwy
- Rt 780 and Military West
- Rt 780 and Miller Rd
- Rt 780 and Park Rd
- Rt 780 and South Hampton Rd
- Military West and W 11th St
- Military West and Plaza De Oro
- West K ST and W 14th St
Would you have any recommendations for a good auto repair shop in Benicia?
The auto repair shops listed below had several positive reviews on Yelp.
Benicia Auto Care Center
1301 E. 5th Street
Benicia, CA 94510
Alex’s Automotive Repair Center
3190 Bayshore Rd.
Benicia, CA 94510
Can you recommend a chiropractor who is good in Benicia?
The chiropractic clinics listed below have good Yelp reviews.
1100 Rose Drive
Benicia, CA 94510
Megan McConnell, DC
1075 First Street, Suite 3
Benicia, CA 94510
I’m Ed Smith, a Benicia Car Accident Lawyer. If you or someone in your family has been seriously hurt in an accident, please give me a call today at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Image Attribution: By Donald Creaven (Own work) via Wikimedia Commons
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 6.29.20