Bay Point Truck Accident Lawyer
The Bay Point truck accident attorneys at AutoAccident.com understand how a serious injury collision can affect your life. You may suddenly find yourself hospitalized and facing high medical bills. You know you cannot work until you heal, which means those wages are not coming in to help pay your bills and support your family. In addition, you’re having to deal with the pain and suffering that a personal injury brings. If that is not enough to deal with already, now the insurance company wants a recorded statement. This is no time for you to comply. Your defenses are down and they will use your statement against you if they can. Why not call us for free, friendly advice?Help Is a Phone Call Away
Our injury lawyers would be honored to offer you our free advice on whether you can file a claim to recover damages when the driver of an 18-wheeler or their employer was the cause. Just call our truck accident lawyers in Bay Point at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400. We have successfully handled hundreds of commercial truck accident claims and can help you obtain a much higher settlement than you would get going it alone. Best of all, we work on a contingency basis, which means you owe us nothing until we’ve won your case. It is always free to call and talk to us.Here's How We Can Help
Accidents involving big rigs or tractor-trailers are complex. We think you probably understand that. Big commercial vehicles have to obey federal and state regulations, must be inspected each time they go out on the road and must be well-maintained. In addition, negligence on the part of the driver or company can be involved such as failure to obey traffic laws and potential falsification of the trucker’s driving log.
Our Bay Point truck accident lawyers have your best interests in mind and have provided quality representation and service to our clients since 1982. We handle every aspect of your case, so you can obtain the compensation you deserve. It gives you the peace of mind that your claim is in good hands, so you can rest and heal without worry.How Are Truck Accidents Different From Other Collisions?
It is not surprising that severe injuries and fatalities occur in collisions between trucks that weigh up to 80,000 pounds and motor vehicles that weigh less than 4,000 pounds. Truck drivers must undergo a background check and drug and alcohol testing as part of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Rest breaks and periods between driving are regulated as well as the hours they drive. In addition to the vehicle inspection before traveling on the road, load checks are also a part of the strict standards.
A driver and trucking company that employs them may be found liable if these regulations are violated. To establish a strong claim for damages, you will need the assistance of an attorney with experience in handling truck accidents.Negligence That Leads to a Truck Accident
Frequently, truck drivers or their employers are responsible for accidents due to their own negligence. Among the ways that negligence may contribute to an accident that requires the help of a truck accident lawyer in Bay Point, there are:
- Lack of training for drivers: Due to a driver shortage across the country, some companies hire inexperienced truckers or drivers as young as 18. Inexperienced drivers have a greater chance of getting into an accident due to the fact that commercial trucks handle differently.
- Fatigued driving: Truck drivers are usually on the road for long periods of time, which can be exhausting and result in fatigue. In some cases, the company tries to pressure the driver to make deliveries faster, causing stress and exhaustion.
- Speeding: An accident caused by speeding is a common occurrence among truck drivers, especially when they are rushed or pressured by an employer to make a delivery on time.
- Intoxication with alcohol or drugs: Although few truckers consume alcohol before driving, some use drugs to stay awake and alert during long hauls. A driver's judgment can be affected when they use drugs, as well as their reflexes and vision. A Bay Point truck accident lawyer can help establish your compensation claim when drug use causes an accident.
- Distractions while driving: When a trucker spends long hours on the road, they might find themself distracted while driving. The trucker might be texting, fiddling with the radio or staring off into space. Any of these distractions can lead to a collision.
- Poor maintenance: An accident may occur when the truck’s brakes fail, a tire blows out or problems occur with the steering or accelerator.
It is common for truck accidents to occur in ways that other traffic collisions do. However, there are also some big differences such as:
- Blind spots: Big trucks all have visibility problems for the driver. Blind spots all the way around make it difficult for the driver to know if there are vehicles close by, especially if they want to change lanes.
- Poorly loaded or overloaded cargo: Cargo that has been poorly loaded or overloaded can shift, which can result in a big rig rollover, especially on hills or around curves.
- Much wider turn radius: While drivers of passenger vehicles don’t think much about it when making a turn at a corner, it can be a difficult process for a trucker in a big vehicle, They will often have to swing out into the next lane to make a turn, which can end up causing a collision.
- Underride and override accidents: When a trucker is speeding and rides over the top of a smaller vehicle or a car behind passes underneath a big rig, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage and fatalities are common.
- Jackknife: Driving errors or inexperienced drivers can cause jackknifing accidents. A truck that jackknifes can cause the trailer to slide around and crash into pedestrians, motorcyclists and other vehicles.
Getting compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering is possible with the help of a truck accident attorney in Bay Point. Our investigators collect the evidence needed to support your claim by:
- Interviewing witnesses and ensuring the accuracy of the police report
- Checking the trucker’s electronic records to see if federal and state driving hour regulations were violated
- Accident reconstruction is performed
- Maintenance records on the truck are examined
- Area surveillance cameras are checked to see if the accident was filmed
Providing evidence to support your claim can either be used during negotiations with the insurance company or through preparation for a civil case if that becomes necessary.
In the following video, lawyer Ed Smith explains how to choose an attorney to handle your claim:Bay Point Truck Accident Lawyers
I'm Ed Smith, a Bay Point truck accident lawyer. To obtain free, friendly advice from our truck accident attorneys, contact us by calling (925) 428-5220 or by contacting us at (800) 404-5400. You can also reach us online. The many clients we have worked with over the years prove that choosing our law firm for legal advice or help is a wise decision. For more information, please check out our Verdicts and Settlements page.
:cd  bw