Auburn Lake Trails Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
My law firm specializes in representing people who have been seriously injured in accidents. We handle a wide variety of accident types, including:
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Car Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Plane Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Slip and Fall Injuries (premises liability)
- Wrongful Death
I’ve been called the “personal” personal injury lawyer. I’ve received this nickname because I treat my practice holistically. It is very important to me to be compassionate toward the people I work with. Because I have suffered major injuries myself, I know how difficult recovery can be and am familiar with the stress and emotional issues accidents can cause. I consider my law firm to be a family and our clients are a part of it.Wrongful Death Cases
Accidents can cause fatal injuries. When this happens, it can leave people feeling completely overwhelmed. I’ve worked with many families who have suffered through a tragic fatal accident and know how difficult it can be to try to recover damages while grieving. I am here to handle your case for you so that you can recover both personally and financially.Serving People in Auburn Lake Trails
Auburn Lake Trails is an idyllic community located on the western slope of the Sierra Nevadas. The area offers residents incredible views of California’s natural beauty as well as a comfortable, friendly community to call home. Not only that, but Auburn Lake Trails is only minutes away from historic gold-mining sites, a short trip away from Sacramento, and only a few hours’ drive from Lake Tahoe and the Pacific Ocean.
While Auburn Lake Trails is a great place to live in or visit, being situated in the Sierra Nevadas means that the community is surrounded by some relatively dangerous roads. Approaching the town from Highway 193 can be difficult, especially in poor weather conditions. Additionally, residents often need to use Highway 49, one of the area’s most accident-prone roadways. These factors contribute significantly to car accidents in the area.Why Would I Hire a Sacramento Attorney?
My office and home are both located in Sacramento. It may seem like an inconvenience to hire a lawyer who doesn’t live in your immediate area. However, there are a few reasons that having a lawyer from Sacramento makes sense for residents of Auburn Lake Trails.
Firstly, many quality lawyers have had to relocate to larger cities in order to have a larger client base. This means that finding a top-quality lawyer in a small community like Auburn Lake Trails can be hard. Secondly, I focus specifically on severe personal injury cases and I am selective about the clients I decide to work with. Basing my firm in Sacramento allows me to specialize in my practice, which means that I have extensive experience resolving cases involving major injuries.
In many cases, injuries make it difficult for people to travel. Even if this is the case for you, please give me a call. We can talk about the details of your accident and arrange to meet at a location that is easy for you.I Take Cases on a Contingency Fee Basis
I believe that injured parties deserve to have excellent legal representation and I take all my cases on contingency. This means that I do not ask for any money up-front and only expect to receive lawyers’ fees if I can successfully resolve your case. Running my firm this way means that I can help people who might otherwise not be able to afford a skilled Auburn Lake Trails personal injury attorney.Choosing the Right Auburn Trails Car Accident Lawyer
Advertisements for lawyers are everywhere. Chances are that you have seen them on T.V., on the internet, or on local billboards. These ads often make big promises and tout high success rates. However, the reality is that very few attorneys are really prepared to do everything they can to make sure you recover the full recompense you are owed.
Many of the attorneys who say they have a high rate of success are willing to negotiate with insurers and settle for less than their client actually deserves. I don’t count a case as a success unless my client is able to claim enough to fully recover from their injuries physically, financially, and emotionally.
You could be thinking that I’m just not the right lawyer for your needs and that’s understandable. Regardless of whether or not we are a match, you should know what to look for when choosing an Auburn Lake Trails auto accident attorney. Below are some of the best ways that you can make sure an attorney is experienced and skilled enough to handle your case.
- Read Reviews - You should make sure that your attorney is well-respected in the community they serve. Thanks to the internet, this is easier than ever to check. To learn about a lawyers’ reputation, you can visit their profiles on review sites like Avvo, Yelp, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google. The reviews you find on these sites can give you an honest picture of a lawyer’s professional and personal merits.
- Check Experience - You should also make sure that your lawyer has ample experience handling cases like yours. Personal injury law is complicated and negotiating with insurers is a difficult task. It’s important to know that your lawyer has had success with cases like yours in the past. You should also make sure that the attorney has experience arguing injury cases in court. Many lawyers will avoid going to trial if they can, which can mean you will have to accept a low-ball offer. To see if your attorney is ready to go to court for your case, you can simply ask them. Their response can often give you a good sense of whether or not they are willing to do everything they can for your case.
- Look at Settlements and Verdicts - Your lawyer may have handled a high quantity of injury cases, but quality matters even more. A great way to see if a lawyer is good at what they do is to view their case resolutions. Most lawyers have a list of their settlements and verdicts available on their website. You can see mine here. You should also feel free to ask your attorney in person about their past successes. A good lawyer will be happy to tell you about how they’ve helped their clients.
- Are they Established? - Finally, you should make sure that your lawyer has the financial means to take on your case. Trials can be expensive and some firms are too small to afford to go to court. Money shouldn’t be an issue standing between you and the payments you deserve for your damages.
For more details about the importance of choosing the right attorney, see the below video:Auburn Lake Trails Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Auburn Lake Trails personal injury attorney. If a car accident has harmed you or a person you know, call me at (800) 404-5400 or (530) 392-9400 so I can give you free, friendly advice.
I have helped people in Auburn Lake Trails and other communities in El Dorado County with personal injury and wrongful death cases since 1982. To learn about how I’ve helped my clients, you can see the results I’ve achieved at my Settlements and Verdicts page.
If you want more information about my practice, I encourage you to read reviews written by the people I have represented:
I’m a Million Dollar Advocates Forum member. The lawyers of this group have settled or won a case in which their client received over $1,000,000 for their damages. I’m also a member of the exclusive lawyers’ group, Top One Percent.
Photo by StockSnap_UWIOG1YMCT
:ms cha [cs 1322]
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 7.29.19]