Atwater Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Since the railroad first reached the area known as Atwater, it has grown steadily from a town and was formally incorporated as a city in 1922. Not a place that quickly forgets its roots, Atwater is named after Marshall Atwater, the wheat farmer who permitted his land to be used by the railroad for a train station.
Today, Atwater boasts a population of over twenty-eight thousand people and continues to grow as the city embarks on a revitalization effort to attract more businesses and industries.We Handle Serious Personal Injury Cases
Our law office handles severe personal injury matters in Atwater. These cases include:
- Auto accidents. If you have a minor fender bender, we can refer you to other competent personal injury attorneys who serve Atwater. Our office focuses on severe cases, such as multi-vehicle accidents, rollover accidents, head-on collisions resulting in severe, disabling injuries or death, or accidents involving semi-trucks.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders are vulnerable to severe injuries if they collide with other vehicles because of the minimal amount of protection they have. When a motorcycle gets into a head-on collision with other cars, the result is often fatal for the motorcyclist. Additionally, motorcycles are less visible to vehicles making left-hand turns. Many motorcycle accidents often result when cars make left-hand turns and collide with a motorcycle going through an intersection.
- Truck accidents. When large semi-trucks collide with other vehicles, the difference in size often results in serious injuries. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), nine percent of all fatal highway crashes in California involve at least one large semi-truck.
- Bicycle Accidents. Like motorcycles, bicyclists are vulnerable to severe, disabling injuries in collisions with other vehicles because of their limited protection and because they are less visible to other drivers. These accidents often occur when other vehicles turn at intersections.
- Pedestrian accidents. Most auto accidents involving pedestrians result in serious injuries or even death, and the liable party is often the vehicle's driver. Pedestrian accidents occur in many ways, such as when cars turn at an intersection, and drivers fail to stop or yield, are speeding, or are distracted.
- Dog Bite. Although some dog bites cause minimal injuries, others may be serious enough to require extensive treatment, including those that transmit severe diseases like rabies. In Atwater, the dog owner who bites another person or animal is guilty of an infraction of county law. If the same animal bites another person or animal within 12 months of the initial bite, the owner is guilty of a misdemeanor. These violations can be the basis for holding owners liable for such dog bites.
- Slip and Fall. Our law firm handles severe slip and fall accidents resulting in disabling or paralyzing injuries and even death.
- Vehicle Defects. We pursue a product liability case on a client's behalf if a dangerous defect in how a vehicle was designed or manufactured caused an accident.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. Traumatic brain injuries or TBI can result from trauma to the head, such as after a fall or vehicle accident. These injuries may not always manifest immediately after the event, but in time, reveal physical, emotional, or cognitive disabilities that people have to live with for the rest of their lives.
- Wrongful Death. Atwater's wrongful death cases arise when someone dies because of someone else's negligence. We will pursue wrongful death cases for the spouse, domestic partner, children, parents, siblings, or others with legitimate legal interests. Plaintiffs in wrongful death cases can recover compensation for medical and hospital bills, funeral expenses, and lost income (including potential future income) from the deceased person.
If you or someone you hold dear has been involved in a traffic collision and suffered a severe personal injury, you have likely come to our website because you need an experienced Atwater personal injury attorney. Still, you are not totally clear on finding a good one.
Finding the right attorney for a case can be daunting, and most people resort to internet searches to find representation for a case. In Atwater, potential clients have a lot of options for attorneys. However, there are certain things that potential clients should keep an eye out for when hiring an Atwater Car Accident Lawyer.Client Reviews
One factor is an attorney's peer review rating from sites like AVVO. AVVO calculates ratings without bias using a mathematical model that uses public sources such as state bar associations and other websites. Some law firms either have no peer-review profiles, fail to list them online, or have poor ratings. One of the top firms for Atwater does list an AVVO profile but only has a 6.5 out of 10 AVVO rating. Our office's AVVO profile is 10 out of 10, the highest rating possible. Additionally, we have been peer-reviewed by Martindale-Hubbell, another legal rating site, as Distinguished in 2016, and have high ethical standing.
Another source of information regarding an attorney is social media sites such as YELP, which allow customers to provide ratings on various establishments. The other firms do not advertise such reviews on their website. In contrast, our office maintains a YELP profile, which has been extensively reviewed. Our office averages five stars out of five on YELP in customer reviews. Unlike law firms that may shy away from having a significant social media presence because of the possibility of negative reviews and comments, our law office embraces social media and welcomes public comments from clients.Client Testimonies
Client testimonials are also essential in searching for an attorney, and other Atwater attorneys have listed written testimonials on their sites. Our clients have provided written, audio, and video testimonials with detailed descriptions of how the firm helped them with their respective cases and compassionate, holistic representation. In addition to reviews received on social media sites, these testimonials can provide a potential client with a comprehensive view of an attorney's representation.
Other Atwater auto accident attorneys may have experience negotiating for settlements in personal injury cases. Still, they may not have experience trialing a case and achieving a favorable verdict. Our office has handled numerous cases to trial and is not afraid of confronting insurance companies who make lowball settlement offers by going to court. In fact, our law office lists both jury trial verdicts and settlements on our website, which include multi-million dollar recoveries on behalf of clients.
Since beginning our legal practice in the early 1980s, we have represented personal injury clients exclusively. This specialization is essential when choosing an attorney for a case. A high level of specialization means that an attorney knows the law in that particular field, its nuances, and the practical realities of litigating that type of case. When it comes to personal injury, specialization provides an attorney with the necessary insight into collecting the right kinds of evidence and how to deal with insurance companies aggressively.Expert in Personal Injury Law
Finally, potential clients should choose attorneys considered by other attorneys as an expert in the relevant field of law. This includes attorneys who have written publications, regularly appeared in media, or have led seminars and lectures. Our firm's founder, Ed Smith, wrote about the firm's automobile personal injury and motorcycle accident cases and hosted a cable talk show regarding legal issues.
Even if you decide not to select our firm, we've created the following video to guide you through picking an excellent personal injury lawyer.Atwater FAQ:
Do you know the most dangerous intersections in Atwater?
The following intersections in Atwater have the most accidents historically:
- Applegate Rd and Sycamore Ave
- Atwater Blvd and Maple
- Bellevue Rd and Alabama Ave
- Bellevue Rd and Castle Dr
- Bellevue Rd and Crest Rd
- Bellevue Rd and Constitution Dr
- Bellevue Rd and Shaffer Rd
- Buhach Rd and East Bellevue Rd
- East Bellevue Rd and Brownell Ave
- East Bellevue Rd and Garden Dr
- East Bellevue Rd and Constitution Dr
- Fruitland Ave and Soquel Ave
- Route 99 and Applegate Rd
- Santa Fe Dr and Buhach Rd
- Winton Way and Broadway Ave
- Winton Way and Olive Ave
Being seriously injured in a car crash or any other accident can have life-long complications. If you or a loved one has sustained a personal injury in Atwater, call our experienced injury attorneys at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
See our past verdicts and settlements.
Editor's Note: updated [cha 8.24.23] ImaEditor'sbution: fietzfotos on Pixabay [cs 1429]