Atwater Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Today, Atwater boasts a population of over twenty-eight thousand people and continues to grow as the city embarks on a revitalization effort to attract more businesses and industries to the area.We Handle Personal Injury Cases
My office handles severe personal injury matters in Atwater. These cases include:
- Auto accidents. If you have a minor fender bender I can refer you to other competent personal injury attorneys that serve Atwater. My office focuses on serious cases, such as multi-vehicle accidents, rollover accidents, or head-on collisions resulting in severe, disabling injuries or death, or accidents involving semi-trucks. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, there was a total of 121 serious injuries and fatalities in Atwater due to vehicle collisions in 2013.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders are vulnerable to suffering from severe injuries if they collide with other vehicles because of the minimal amount of protection they have. When a motorcycle gets into a head-on collision with other vehicles, the result is often fatal for the motorcyclist. Additionally, motorcycles are less visible to vehicles making left-hand turns, and many motorcycle accidents often result when cars make left-hand turns and collide with a motorcycle that is going through an intersection. In Atwater, three motorcycle collisions resulted in injury or death in 2013.
- Truck accidents. When large semi-trucks collide with other vehicles, the difference in size often results in serious injuries. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA), nine percent of all fatal highway crashes in California involved at least one large semi-truck. In representing clients who have suffered severe crashes in large semi-trucks, I will closely investigate possible causes such as driver fatigue, failure to conduct proper truck maintenance, overloading or improper cargo loading, reckless driving, or driver distraction, to establish liability and obtain compensation for a client’s severe injuries.
- Bicycle Accidents. Similar to motorcyclists, bicyclists are vulnerable to suffering severe, disabling injuries in collisions with other vehicles because of the limited protection they have and that they are less visible to other drivers. These accidents often occur when other vehicles are turning left or right at intersections.
- Pedestrian accidents. Most auto accidents that involve pedestrians result in serious injuries or even death, and often, the liable party is the driver of the vehicle involved. Pedestrian accidents occur in many ways, such as when vehicles are turning at an intersection, and drivers fail to stop or yield, are speeding, or were distracted. In 2015, California was second in the country in the number of pedestrian fatalities in motor vehicle incidents – around 700 fatalities in total. In fact, 23 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities in the state were pedestrians.
- Dog Bite. Although some dog bites cause minimal injuries, others may be serious enough to require extensive treatment, including those that result in the transmittal of serious diseases like rabies. In Atwater, the owner of a dog who bites another person or animal is guilty of an infraction of county law and, if the same animal bites another person or animal within 12 months from the initial bite, then the owner is guilty of a misdemeanor. These violations can be the basis for holding owners liable for such dog bites.
- Slip and Fall. Although my office will refer most minor slip and fall cases to other Atwater personal injury attorneys, I do handle serious slip and fall accidents resulting in disabling or paralyzing injuries and even death.
- Vehicle Defects. I can pursue a product liability case on a client’s behalf if a dangerous defect of how a vehicle was designed or manufactured caused an accident. Such a claim is based on whether the vehicle or one of its parts had a defect that was unreasonably dangerous that came to be either in its design, during manufacturing, during shipment, or through a dealer or manufacturer’s failure to warn buyers of such defects.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. Traumatic brain injuries or TBI can be the result of trauma to the head such as after a fall or in a vehicle accident. These injuries may not always manifest immediately after the event, but in time reveal physical, emotional, or cognitive disabilities that people have to live with for the rest of their lives. My office uses qualified medical experts to prove brain injuries and obtain compensation for clients who have to live with the long-term effects of such injuries.
- Wrongful Death. Wrongful death cases in Atwater arise when someone dies because someone else was negligent. I will pursue wrongful death cases on behalf of the spouse, domestic partner, children, parents, siblings, or others with legitimate legal interests. Plaintiffs in wrongful death cases can recover compensation for medical and hospital bills, funeral expenses, and lost income (including potential future income) from the deceased person.
If you or someone you hold dear has been involved in a traffic collision and suffered a serious personal injury, you have likely come to my website because you need an experienced Atwater personal injury attorney but are not totally clear on how to find a good one.
Even if you decide not to select me, I’ve created the video that follows to help guide you through the particulars of how to pick a good personal injury lawyer.
The process of finding the right attorney for a case can be a daunting one, and most people resort to internet searches to find representation for a case. In Atwater, potential clients have a lot of options as to attorneys. However, there are certain things that potential clients should keep an eye out for when it comes to hiring an Atwater Car Accident Lawyer.Client Reviews
One factor is an attorney’s peer review rating from sites such as AVVO. AVVO calculates ratings without bias using a mathematical model that uses data from public sources such as state bar associations and other websites. Some of the law firms in Atwater either have no peer-review profiles or fail to list them online or have poor ratings. One of the top firms for Atwater does list an AVVO profile, but only has a 6.5 out of 10 AVVO rating. My office’s AVVO profile has a 10 out of 10 AVVO rating, which is the highest rating possible. Additionally, I have been peer-reviewed by Martindale-Hubbell, another legal rating site, as Distinguished in 2016 as well as having high ethical standing.
Another source of information regarding an attorney is social media sites such as YELP that allow customers to provide ratings on a variety of establishments. The other firms do not advertise such reviews on their website. In contrast, my office maintains a YELP profile and has been extensively reviewed. On YELP, my office averages five stars out of five in customer reviews. Unlike other law firms who may shy away from having a significant social media presence because of the possibility of negative reviews and comments, our law office embraces social media and welcomes public comments from clients.Client Testimonies
Client testimonials are also an important factor in searching for an attorney. Other Atwater attorneys have listed written testimonials on their sites, but my clients have provided written, audio, and even video testimonials that provide detailed descriptions of how the firm helped them with their respective cases and provided compassionate, holistic representation. These testimonials, in addition to reviews received on social media sites, can provide a potential client with a comprehensive view of the quality of an attorney’s representation.Taking a Case to Trial
Other Atwater auto accident attorneys may have experience with negotiating for settlements in personal injury cases, but they may not have experience in taking a case to trial and achieving a favorable verdict. My office has taken numerous cases to trial and is not afraid of confronting insurance companies who make lowball settlement offers by going to court. In fact, my law office lists both jury trial verdicts and settlements on our website, which include multi-million dollar recoveries on behalf of clients.
Since beginning my legal practice in the early 1980s, I have represented personal injury clients exclusively. This specialization is important when it comes to choosing an attorney for a case. A high level of specialization means that an attorney knows the law in that particular field, its nuances, as well as the practical realities of litigating that type of case. When it comes to personal injury, specialization provides an attorney with the necessary insight into collecting the rights kinds of evidence and how to deal with insurance companies aggressively.Expert in Personal Injury Law
Finally, potential clients should choose attorneys who are considered by other attorneys as an expert in the relevant field of law. This includes attorneys who have written publications, regularly appeared in media, or have led seminars and lectures. I have written books on automobile personal injury and motorcycle accident cases, and previously hosted a cable talk show regarding legal issues.Why Have My Case Handled by a Law Firm Based in Sacramento?
The legal profession was not exempt from the recent economic recession, and many Atwater auto accident attorneys have left the area due to poor or stagnant business. However, my office is committed to representing clients in Atwater who have a serious personal injury or wrongful death claims. After an initial consultation, and if I believe that a potential client’s case has merit and that I would be a good fit for that client, I will pay for the client’s transportation, lodging, and airfare for a face-to-face consultation in Sacramento. I will also pay for overnight lodging so that potential clients are not burdened with same-day travel.Atwater FAQ:
Q: Can you recommend a good chiropractor in Atwater?
A: We found the following highly-rated Chiropractors through YELP.
Atwater Chiropractic, Inc.
2601 1st St.
Atwater, CA 95301
995 Bellevue Rd.
Atwater, CA 95301
Q: Do you know any excellent auto repair shops in Atwater?
A: The auto repair shop listed below had several positive reviews on YELP.
715 Atwater Blvd
Atwater, CA 95301
Q: Do you know the most dangerous intersections in Atwater?
A: The following intersections in Atwater have the most accidents historically:
- Applegate Rd and Sycamore Ave
- Atwater Blvd and Maple
- Bellevue Rd and Alabama Ave
- Bellevue Rd and Castle Dr
- Bellevue Rd and Crest Rd
- Bellevue Rd and Constitution Dr
- Bellevue Rd and Shaffer Rd
- Buhach Rd and East Bellevue Rd
- East Bellevue Rd and Brownell Ave
- East Bellevue Rd and Garden Dr
- East Bellevue Rd and Constitution Dr
- Fruitland Ave and Soquel Ave
- Route 99 and Applegate Rd
- Santa Fe Dr and Buhach Rd
- Winton Way and Broadway Ave
- Winton Way and Olive Ave
I’m Ed Smith, an Atwater Car Accident Lawyer. If you or a family member has been seriously injured in an auto accident or other accident, please call me today at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Image Attribution: fietzfotos on Pixabay
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 5.7.20]