Antelope Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When a car collides with a motorcycle, the person on the motorcycle often endures extensive bodily trauma and injuries from the wreck.
More than five thousand people died in motorcycle accidents in the United States in 2015. That is only the third time in U.S. history that motorcycle accident deaths have exceeded five thousand in a year. Furthermore, according to Consumer Reports, the number of motorcycle deaths in 2015 increased by ten percent compared to the number of deaths in 2014.
Of the registered vehicles on the road, motorcycles only make up two percent of the total. However, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcycle accident deaths account for approximately eleven percent of the total accident deaths. In fact, NHTSA data indicates that if you operate a motorcycle on a U.S. road, you are thirty-four times more likely to lose your life in a traffic accident when compared to someone operating a sedan, truck, or SUV.How Collisions Occur Between Motorcycles and Other Vehicles
Serious collisions involving a car and a motorcycle can occur in various circumstances. Below is a brief overview of some of the most common causes of accidents between motorcycles and other vehicles.
- Someone following too closely a motorcyclist
- Indifference or inattention to the presence of someone riding a motorcycle
- Turning in front of a motorcyclist from a parking lot or driveway
- Making a left-hand turn right in front of a person riding a motorcycle
- Failing to yield the right of way to a person on a motorcycle at a controlled intersection
- Intruding on a motorcyclist’s lane while performing a lane change
If you or a family member was operating a motorcycle and got hit by a car in the following ways, you may be able to pursue monetary compensation through an Antelope motorcycle accident injury claim.Areas of Body Most Likely to be Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
The Centers for Disease Control conducted a lengthy, seven-year study of over 1.2 million motorcyclists who were taken to emergency rooms for injuries from a motorcycle accident. The data they collected shows that the area of your body most likely to be damaged in a collision is your legs and feet. Approximately thirty percent of non-fatal motorcycle accidents involved traumatic injuries to these extremities. Injuries to the head and neck were a close second (approximately 22 percent of the total, to be exact), according to RideApart.com. Other common injuries include fractured bones, lacerations to the face and other body parts, torn ligaments, head trauma (especially if the operator was not wearing a helmet), and spinal cord damage.Five Reasons to Hire an Antelope Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There are many reasons to hire an experienced Antelope motorcycle accident lawyer to assist in pursuing financial restitution for the damages you suffered from the collision. Below is a list of five key reasons you will benefit from the counsel of a lawyer.
- You should focus on your recovery and get your life back in order. Let a lawyer deal with the insurance company so they can work to get you the most compensation possible.
- A motorcycle accident attorney has the resources to thoroughly investigate what caused the accident, including possibly retaining a private investigator and other experts.
- An attorney can effectively evaluate your medical records and translate those records into compelling evidence that can be presented to a judge and jury.
- An attorney can devote time to speaking to eyewitnesses and filing the necessary legal document to depose the other driver.
- If negotiations with the insurance company fall apart, a lawyer will be ready to file a lawsuit in civil court and advocate for you at trial.
Speaking to an attorney immediately is strongly recommended because you only have a finite time to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit. Under California’s statute of limitations governing tort claims, you only have two years from the collision date to file suit. The time is dramatically reduced if hit by a government vehicle. In that case, you must file a claim six months or 180 days from the accident date. Many other restrictive timelines must be adhered to as well. That is why it is crucial to contact an experienced Antelope motorcycle accident lawyer immediately after the accident.Antelope Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or a family member suffered injury or death in an Antelope motorcycle accident, please contact our legal team for compassionate, free, and friendly advice. We can be reached at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. It is free to call and discuss your case with us. When you call, we can review your accident's details and determine the best course of action for filing a claim for your personal injuries and/or wrongful death. We handle my cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay no fees upfront. We get paid after the successful resolution of your case.
We have been serving Northern California communities since 1982.
Editor’s Note: updated [cha 7.26.23] sb bw [cs 1092] Photo: ab