If you’ve been in a car accident,
here’s what you need to do:
- If you or anyone is hurt, call 911 immediately, even if you can’t afford to pay for it.
- Call CHP (1-800-Tell-CHP) or local law enforcement.
- Take pictures. More is better.
- Don’t discuss the accident with anyone but a police officer.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver.
- Don’t move the vehicles until it’s safe to do so or you’ve been instructed by law enforcement.
- Report the accident asap to your insurance company or agent.
- Get legal representation. Insurance companies have lawyers. The other driver will.
A "PERSONAL" PERSONAL INJURY LAW OFFICE
Have You or A Loved One Been Injured In An Accident?
My name is Ed Smith. I'm a Sacramento Injury Lawyer and owner of the Law Offices of Ed Smith.
And I understand what you are going through. I've been helping residents of Sacramento and surrounding areas cope with serious injuries - even the loss of a family member - for almost three decades.
I'm familiar with what your concerns are. And I know you have many, many questions, such as:
- How do I pay for an attorney?
- How I am going to replace my lost wages if I miss work?
- Can I receive compensation for my lost wages?
- I have large hospital bills - How am I going to pay for them?
- How will I make my house or rent payment?
- Who will take care of my children?
- If I can't work, will I lose my job?
- What am I supposed to do if I've lost a spouse or family member?
If these are the types of questions keeping you up at night, I'd like to help answer them. Contact my office at 916.921.6400 or toll-free at 1.800.404.5400. If you prefer e-mail, then use our contact form.
- Inflatable Bicycle Helmet The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported 677 cyclists were killed and 48,000 were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in ....
- An Accident Attorney's Advice to his parents on Auto Insurance As a trial lawyer practicing for over 30 years, I've been surprised at how many people over the years are totally confused about what car insurance ....
- Knee Injuries in Motor Vehicle Accidents Knee injuries in motor vehicle accidents are often called dashboard knee injuries because the person slips beneath the car restraints and slams their ....