If you’ve been in a car accident,
here’s what you need to do:
- If you or anyone is hurt, call 911 immediately, even if you can’t afford to pay for it.
- Call CHP (1-800-Tell-CHP) or local law enforcement.
- Take pictures. More is better.
- Don’t discuss the accident with anyone but a police officer.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver.
- Don’t move the vehicles until it’s safe to do so or you’ve been instructed by law enforcement.
- Report the accident asap to your insurance company or agent.
- Get legal representation. Insurance companies have lawyers. The other driver will.
A "PERSONAL" PERSONAL INJURY LAW OFFICE
Have You or A Loved One Been Injured In An Accident?
My name is Ed Smith. I'm a Sacramento Injury Lawyer and owner of the Law Offices of Ed Smith.
And I understand what you are going through. I've been helping residents of Sacramento and surrounding areas cope with serious injuries - even the loss of a family member - for almost three decades.
I'm familiar with what your concerns are. And I know you have many, many questions, such as:
- How do I pay for an attorney?
- How I am going to replace my lost wages if I miss work?
- Can I receive compensation for my lost wages?
- I have large hospital bills - How am I going to pay for them?
- How will I make my house or rent payment?
- Who will take care of my children?
- If I can't work, will I lose my job?
- What am I supposed to do if I've lost a spouse or family member?
If these are the types of questions keeping you up at night, I'd like to help answer them. Contact my office at 916.921.6400 or toll-free at 1.800.404.5400. If you prefer e-mail, then use our contact form.
- Knee Injuries in Motor Vehicle Accidents Knee injuries in motor vehicle accidents are often called dashboard knee injuries because the person slips beneath the car restraints and slams their ....
- Lower Extremity Injuries in Motor Vehicle Accidents The good news is that restraints in motor vehicles have become optimized so people have a lesser incidence of upper body damage. Little attention has ....
- Traumatic Brain Injury There are many cases of traumatic brain injury in the US. In fact, there are more than 1.5 million traumatic brain injuries prevalent in the US and ....